History of Freedom Outreach:
We are two missionary families (Lagore’s & Morgan’s) who have ministered in the communities and reserves of Northern Saskatchewan, for the past 18 years.
During our years of ministry in the North we have come to see the devastation that substance abuse has left on families, and entire communities and the incredible need for an answer. We believe, strongly, that a God-centered, resident rehabilitation program is the only solution to this endemic problem of substance abuse.
Currently there is no such program in Northern Saskatchewan/Manitoba and therefore a great need is not being met. Our heart is to establish a Teen Challenge Program and offer an oasis of healing and hope to those plagued with life controlling, and destroying habits.
Teen Challenge of Central Canada, in Winnipeg, is in agreement that a program in North Saskatchewan would not only be viable but also very beneficial to the expressed needs of the area. We will be in continued co-operation with them for the setup and running of our program.
History of Teen Challenge:
Early In 1958 David Wilkerson was led by God to New York City to minister to troubled youth on the streets. After reaching hundreds who wanted help, he found that many needed long term residential care. It was then that Teen Challenge was formed to provide a Christ centered program for those with life controlling drug and alcohol problems. This is how the ministry of Teen Challenge began.
Facts about Teen Challenge:
· Receives no government funding for operating costs.
· A non-profit, non-denominational registered charity.
· Based on Biblical, Christian principles.
· World’s largest and most successful drug and alcohol treatment program.
· 1161 residential centers in 90 different countries worldwide.
· A documented success rate of more than 80% ( Based on studies by Univ. of Tennessee, Northwest Univ. and the U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse).